* Вы можете подробно ознакомиться с доставкой в нужный регион по нажатию на него
You can familiarize yourself with the delivery to the desired region in detail by clicking on it
How is the price of multimodal ("combined") transportation formed?
The transport company or a large forwarding company determines the through rate for the route indicated by the client (from the point of acceptance of the goods to the point of delivery under the contract), based on the following data:
- Rates for sea transport (depends on the route, type of cargo and special conditions of transportation);
- Rates of terminal operations in points of transportation;
- Tariffs of internal modes of transport (depends on whether the company's own transport is used or attracted);
- Forwarding Commission for the organization of delivery (including the preparation of accompanying and customs documents);
- Loading and unloading, transshipment of goods at transport change points.
Prior to detailed elaboration of the multimodal transportation route, no transport company or "pseudo-calculator" can name its exact cost and the specific day of delivery of the recipient's cargo, especially when it comes to Intercontinental transportation.
The cheapest multimodal transportation
As practice shows, the most economical “combined” delivery option is a combination of sea and rail container transportation in one transport chain with or without using the carrier’s car transport to the place of loading / unloading the goods (railway station / seaport). With this delivery scheme, the customer should have a decent margin of time.
Somewhat more expensive, but at the same time faster, will use only shipping and road transport. The next cost is the scheme of transportation "Railway + truck". The most expensive option of combining transport in one logistics chain is air and road.